From Our Earth to Our Family
Tropical Life Salad Recipe
- 1 large avocado/pear, peeled and pitted
- 2 large tomatoes, deseeded
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cucumber, zest and deseeded
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach (or pak choy)
- 1 large plantain
- 6 small okra
- 1/4 small yellow (sweet)pepper
- 2 sprigs escallion
- 12 pitted green olives
- 6 spicy olives
- Chop vegetables in bitesized pieces, mince escallion, combine all the ingredients.
- Toss with Sesame Tahini Dressing.
Mango Berry Paradise Pie
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup coconut, chopped
- 1 medium naseberry (or other berry or fruit)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Soak almonds for 12 hours, drain and rinse.
- Combine almonds and coconut in Champion Juicer with homogenizer
- Place naseberry, raisins and cinnamon in food processor with “S” blade and process to a smooth consistency.
- Add naseberry mixture to almonds and coconut. Form into a dough and press into 9-inch pie dish.
- Dehydrate at 125 degree F for 6 hours or bake at 275 degree F for 30 minutes.
- 4 large mangoes
- 1 strawberriy
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup blueberries (or pineapple, mango or other fruits)
- Place strawberry, raisins and blueberries in food processor with “S” blade and process to smooth consistency.
- Cut mangoes into thin slices. Layer in pie shell, fanning out in a spiral until the bottom is evenly covered.
- Spread filling over the mango slices.
- Make a top layer with remaining mango slices and filling.
Garnish with strawberries, kiwi, naseberry and other fruits, as desired.
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 small mango
- 1 small banana
- 1/2 cup papaya
Blend ingredients in a
blender. Serves 3.